Friday, January 23, 2009

Appliances




Just a little warning, make sure that all components of appliances are turned off before they are plugged in. I walked into one of the houses I am wiring to flip all the breakers on to check everything on my last day. The brand new microwave was sitting on the brand new cooktop and there was smoke billowing out of it! The far left burner had been turned all the way on, while the appliance had no power, now the box was on fire! Luckily, despite the water to the house being disconnected, I had just filled up a water bottle at my friends house and I put out the fire.